Complete fan guide for the 2017 NFL Draft in Philadelphia
It’s finally NFL draft weekend in Philadelphia when the next wave of NFL talent will descend upon the Art Museum steps to find out where it will begin its professional journey.
The weather is supposed to be good, and there will be plenty to do in Philly and at the NFL Draft Experience. Plus the actual draft, too, if you managed to score tickets.
Here’s another quick rundown of everything to do in and around the draft this weekend.
NFL draft schedule & TV
- Thursday, April 27: 8 p.m. (NFL Network & ESPN)
- Friday, April 28: 7 p.m. (NFL Network & ESPN)
- Saturday, April 29, Noon (NFL Network & ESPN)
NFL Draft Experience hours
- Thursday, April 27: Noon to 11 p.m.
- Friday, April 28: Noon to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, April 29: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
NFL draft 2017: Complete visitor’s guide for all the fun in Philly this week
Get player autographs, ride ziplines and more at the free NFL Draft Experience
Fan Mobile Pass
The NFL Draft Experience’s Fan Mobile Pass is needed to take part in certain interactive games in the NFL Draft Experience. Here’s more on that. It is not required to enter the NFL Draft Experience.
Former Eagles at the NFL Draft Experience
- Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz will be at the Okos Unstoppable Drop area on April 27.
- Eagles tight end Zach Ertz will be at the Tostitos Cantina area from 11 a.m. to noon on April 29.
- Ron Jaworski will be at the cantina from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. on April 28.
- former Eagles linebacker Jeremiah Trotter will be at the Oikos Unstoppable Drop area that same day.
- The Xfinity Zone will also have NFL celebrities on hand.
- Throughout the Draft there will also be an autograph stage with a rotating list of NFL players and legends.
Buy, buy, buy
- The NFL Draft Experience will have giveaways.
- There will also be an NFL Auction where you can by signed memorabilia.
- The standard NFL Shop will have everything from customizable Nike jerseys to the official 2017 NFL Draft hat.
- Oikos will also have a gameboard where you can win NFL Draft prizes.
- You can send all that merch home at the NFL Draft’s Fedex Shipping Center.
- Free parking is available at Citizens Bank Park and Wells Fargo Center off I-95 and I-76 in South Philadelphia
- Attendees are encouraged to ride SEPTA’s Broad Street Line from AT&T Station to City Hall (about 11 minutes) and walk to the entrance of the NFL Draft Experience (7 minutes)
- NFL Draft Experience entrances:
- Gate 1: N. 21st Street and Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- Gate 2: N. 22nd Street and Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- Gate 9: N. 22nd Street and Pennsylvania Drive
- Taxi service and Uber/Lyft are available
- Philadelphia’s bike share program, Indego, is another option
- discoverPHL has more travel information here
NFL Draft 2017: Top prospects visit patients at Shriners Hospital for Children
There are a number of road closures in the area around the Philadelphia Museum of Art and Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Here’s a complete list and information on those road closures.
It’s 100 yards long for an epic view of the event. You’ll need to get a timed reservation via the Fan Mobile Pass app.
- discoverPHL has a FAQ section on its site
- Here’s the NFL Draft Experience site from the NFL