Analyzing Bryce Effner’s Penn State pledge, new layer to Pitt-PSU series, and more talking points
New Penn State commit Bryce Effner. Photo courtesy Bryce Effner via Twitter.
Penn State’s recruiting Class of 2018 is up to 13 members, the Coaches Caravan has already put two (and soon three and four) stops in the books, and the spring evaluation period is keeping James Franklin’s assistant coaches busy while he makes stops around the Keystone State with athletic director Sandy Barbour and other university coaches.
Indeed, it’s May, but it won’t be long before camp season starts up, Lift for Life carries us through July, all before football returns in August.
It’s a marathon and not a sprint back to actual pads crunching, whistles blowing, and starter and backup decisions being made, so this week’s installment of Tuesday talking points will focus on the here and now, touching on all and more of the following, including:
- Bryce Effner’s commitment
- A notable nugget from the York stop on the Coaches Caravan that kicked off the four day tour
- What we’re looking for during the rest of the week’s stops
- A recruit who recently put PSU in his top-10
- Chris Godwin’s start in Tampa Bay
- And another layer to the Pitt-PSU rivalry