Contractor worker electrocuted in Danville construction lift
Authorities are investigating after a man in a downtown Danville construction lift was electrocuted.
Police spokesman Nate Lien says the man was a contractor working at the Danville Christian Church. The worker made contact with a high-voltage power line while he was in the lift and was later pronounced dead.
Lien says it appears it was an accident.
The Indianapolis Star reports (http://indy.st/2peHi8M ) the contractor was believed to be in his 50s and came into contact with the electricity while working on church gutters.
A power company was on the scene to check the lines.