2019 Subaru Ascent: What’s the Cost of a Fill-Up?
2019 Subaru Ascent: What's the Cost of a Fill-Up?
By Rick Popely
<meta itemprop=”width” content=”1170″>
<meta itemprop=”height” content=”1170″>
Families that need a three-row SUV will soon have another choice when the 2019 Subaru Ascent goes on sale, but with gas prices steadily on the rise, it pays to consider fuel-economy ratings and the cost of filling the tank.
The 2019 Ascent, which seats seven or eight depending on the model, comes with standard all-wheel drive, a 260-horsepower, turbocharged 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine and a continuously variable automatic transmission. Here is what it would cost to fill the 19.3-gallon tank:
- Based on the national average of $2.96 for regular, a complete fill would be about $57.
- In California, which had the highest average price at $3.72, the cost would rise to nearly $72.
- Mississippi had the lowest average price for regular, $2.64, and filling up there would cost just under $51.
- The Ascent base and Premium models have an EPA combined city-highway estimate of 23 mpg and an estimated range of 444 miles on one tank. Limited and Touring models, which come with standard 20-inch wheels, have a combined estimate of 22 mpg and an estimated range of 425 miles.
Regular gas rose another 6 cents this past week to a national average of $2.96 on Thursday, according to the AAA Daily Fuel Gauge Report, the 10th week in a row for an increase. The average price of regular was $3 or more in 18 states on Thursday.
Pump prices climbed throughout the U.S. the past week, with the biggest increases being 9 cents in Florida, 10 cents in Michigan and 12 cents in Illinois. Regular gas and premium were 59 cents higher than a year ago Thursday, and diesel was 69 cents higher. AAA said the national average for premium was $3.48, and it was $3.20 for diesel.
Oil prices dipped slightly over the past week, but high demand heading into the Memorial Day weekend has helped boost gas price to the highest they've been since late 2014. Two years ago, the average price of regular was around $2.30, but GasBuddy.com's records show that on Memorial Day from 2011 through 2014, it ranged between $3.63 and $3.78.
Cars.com's Editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. In line with Cars.com's long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don't accept gifts or free trips from automakers. The Editorial department is independent of Cars.com's advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.
- 2018 Porsche 911 Carrera T First Drive Its a Two-Faced Sports
- First Drive 2018 Porsche 718 GTS Might Be Porsches Best Bang f
- 2019 Subaru Ascent First Drive Ready to Conquer a Familys Ever
- Self Driving Car Crashes Have Even Millennials Scared of Autonom
- Find cars for sale near you
- Research All Cars
- Compare Vehicles
Research a Specific Make
More From Cars.com
2018 Subaru Outback: What Does It Cost to Fill Up?
Shopping for a Car This Weekend? We Can Help
Shopping for a Car on Earth Day Weekend? We Can Help