2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio: What Does It Cost to Fill Up?
<meta itemprop=”width” content=”1170″>
<meta itemprop=”height” content=”1170″>
CARS.COM — The recent announcement of Alfa Romeo rolling out a high-performance Quadrifoglio version of its Stelvio SUV may have enthusiasts eager to get behind the wheel, but the eye-watering price jump may not be for everyone. Shoppers interested in the style of the Stelvio but content to live without the boosted performance, and commensurate price, will still find much to like in the base and Ti trims — including its gas mileage.
Get 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Details
Find a 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Near You
The base Stelvio with the 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine gets an EPA-estimated 22/28/24 mpg city/highway/combined, which is right in the ballpark of competitors like the BMW X3, Jaguar F-Pace and Porsche Macan. So what does that look like coming out of your wallet?
- With the national average for premium gas at $3.07 a gallon early Thursday per the AAA Daily Fuel Gauge Report, filling the 2018 Stelvio's 16.9-gallon tank from an empty state would cost you $51.88.
- In Missouri, where the average cost of premium was the lowest in the U.S. at $2.74 a gallon, filling up a Stelvio would cost you $46.31.
- In Hawaii, where averages are typically highest regardless of fuel type, premium averaged $3.70 a gallon this past week; that means filling up a Stelvio would cost you $62.53.
Like premium's national average, which dropped 2 cents week over week, both regular gas and diesel saw price declines, according to AAA — regular fell to $2.53 from $2.55 a gallon nationally, and diesel dropped to $2.96 from $2.98 a gallon. Only Hawaii and Indiana saw averages increase week over week.
Though those averages have been falling for a couple of weeks now, AAA warned that a round of refinery maintenance coupled with slowing production and a rise in crude oil prices may hit travelers' wallets at the pump as soon as late-February. Those motoring in a Stelvio will just have to settle for taking comfort in the well-designed front seats.
Cars.com's Editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. In line with Cars.com's long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don't accept gifts or free trips from automakers. The Editorial department is independent of Cars.com's advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.
- 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Icon of the Road Hits the Track
- 5 Ways the Tesla Model 3s Big Screen Makes a Big Impression
- 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Sports Confusing Name Swap Updated Engine
- Mazda Skyactiv-X Prototype Exciting Tech for an Ordinary Ride
- Find cars for sale near you
- Research All Cars
- Compare Vehicles
Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2018
Research a Specific Make
More From Cars.com
2018 Jeep Renegade: What's the Cost of a Fill-Up?
Driving Smart Video: Do I Need Gap Insurance?
Chicago Auto Show Truck Roundup Tops What's New on PickupTrucks.com